You want to host your WordPress site, but you don’t have a lot of money to spend on web hosting.
That doesn’t mean that you should avoid budget web hosts altogether – you just need to know how to look for ones that will do the job you want, like maintain the performance of your website.
What should you look for in a budget host?
There are various important features to keep an eye out for, such as excellent customer service, strong security measures, good uptime, and minimal restrictions when it comes to website traffic and storage.
Those features are the very things you need but that you won’t find in every budget web host.
That said, there are cheap hosts that won’t break the bank but offer solid performance and tick all the right boxes. You’ve probably heard two of them because they’re so popular: SiteGround and GoDaddy, so let’s check them out in greater detail.
- 1 SiteGround Vs. GoDaddy: What Are They?
- 2 SiteGround Vs. GoDaddy: Which One Should You Choose?
- 3 Alternatives To Consider
- 4 Related Questions
- 5 Conclusion
SiteGround Vs. GoDaddy: What Are They?
What Is SiteGround?
SiteGround is a web hosting company that was established in 2004.
It supports more than two million domains all over the world and provides services such as cloud hosting, enterprise solutions, domain registration, and email hosting. It is home to almost two million domains.
What Is GoDaddy?
GoDaddy is one of the largest domain registrars in the world.
It offers services such as web hosting, ecommerce solutions, email marketing, and more. It was established in 1997 and has grown to become the world’s largest web host.
SiteGround Vs. GoDaddy: Which One Should You Choose?
While they both have fantastic features that can benefit you as a WordPress site owner without costing a lot of money, let’s look at some crucial differences between SiteGround and GoDaddy to see which one is best for you.
- SiteGround provides you with automatic WordPress updates and comes with a WordPress wizard to help you during the installation process, so it’s great for beginners.
- It offers users a tool called Let’s Encrypt that provides completely free SSL certificates. On the security front of things, SiteGround also monitors websites it hosts for any potential attacks in real time.
- SiteGround ensures that your web pages have good speed because it includes SSDs in its servers, which are hard drives that send data up to 30 percent faster than what you’ll experience with regular HDDs.
- You have an unlimited amount of email accounts you can use for your domain, which is a bonus.
- If you encounter problems, a helpful support team is available to answer your questions via phone, email, support tickets, and live chat.
- All of SiteGround’s data centers are on the Google Cloud Platform and this has many benefits, such as that your site will load faster.
- SiteGround promises its users 99.99 percent uptime.
- You don’t have to worry about backups as these are done automatically, thanks to SiteGround’s Cloud and sharing host options.
- SiteGround is affordable and can be tailored to your budget because it has three plans to choose from. Their WordPress hosting prices range from $6.99 to $14.99 per month. What’s great is that all the SiteGround plans will share some valuable features, such as:
- Your website traffic won’t be restricted.
- You have a 30-day money back guarantee.
- You can make use of unlimited email accounts.
- You’ll have round-the-clock support in the form of chat, phone, and email assistance.
- SiteGround has decent website limits, such as 10GB for the StartUp plan, 20GB for its GrowBig plan, and 40GB for its GoGeek plan.
- You’ll have to deal with a limited amount of storage on your site. How much storage you can expect starts at 10GB at the low end and goes up to 40GB at the high end, as we mentioned. While this is sufficient if you have a text-based site, if your site has lots of videos then this could prove problematic.
Bottom line: While you can find less costly web hosting alternatives out there, you’d be hard-pressed to find ones that offer the support and security that you’ll get with SiteGround.
- GoDaddy is priced very similarly to SiteGround. You can get plans that cost $4.33 per month, while its WordPress hosting plan is $6.99. There are other, more expensive, plans you can choose from.
- It makes use of one-click WordPress installation, which is great for beginners as you won’t have to worry about the stress associated with starting your own website.
- Installation is a breeze – your site can be up within mere minutes.
- If you need help, you can make use of the GoDaddy support channels – there’s a 24-hour phone line and live chat feature.
- GoDaddy offers free Office 365 email with their shared hosting plan.
- It guarantees 99.99 percent website uptime for websites.
- It’s easy to use, thanks to the simple interface and the ability you have to access your website’s cPanel and build your website.
- You’ll be able to use a range of features for your WordPress site, such as a drag-and-drop page editor, pre-built websites, free templates, and free themes.
- You get free daily backups of your site and a free domain with annual plans.
- You get a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- GoDaddy has technology in place to fight security problems that smaller web hosts can’t handle, such as SSL certificates and the running of daily scans.
- This web host offers a lot of storage, with WordPress storage limits starting at 30GB, but you’ll have unlimited storage on its more expensive plans.
- Some GoDaddy plans advertise discounts, but you might have to sign up for a few years before you can take advantage of the reduced prices.
- The customer service isn’t always up to par with what’s offered by other web hosts, and sometimes you have to wait to get an answer to your problem.
The bottom line: If you’re looking for a way to set up your WordPress site quickly and without a fuss, GoDaddy is definitely worth considering.
Alternatives To Consider
If you’re looking for alternative web hosts, you might want to consider these top picks:
- DreamHost has some excellent features to offer users, such as greater amounts of storage than SiteGround: you’re looking at 50GB in its starter plan and unlimited storage when it comes to its unlimited plans.
- You’ll receive a free domain with your annual plans, and this includes privacy protection.
- DreamHost gives you a 97-day money-back guarantee.
- While GoDaddy will give you lots of features, DreamHost is a bit cheaper and its unlimited SSD storage and bandwidth make it an excellent choice.
- DreamHost is more expensive than GoDaddy and SiteGround, with its plans ranging from $3.95 (for shared hosting) to $16.95 for its WordPress hosting.
- Bluehost is a contender for best budget web host, and one of the biggest reasons why is because it has slightly more uptime than GoDaddy, as WebsiteBuilderExpert explains, coming in at 99.98 percent versus GoDaddy’s 99.97 percent.
- It provides users with free backups that you won’t get with GoDaddy.
- Bluehost offers fast and quick WordPress installation that’s a one-click process.
- Bluehost has excellent support in place, and one of the reasons for this is that it makes use of support tickets.
- There are also some extra features in place, such as when it comes to updates. While Bluehost will update your WordPress software automatically, much like other web hosts, you have the opportunity to opt out of the updates. With sites like SiteGround, you can’t.
- That said, SiteGround does win against Bluehost when it comes to other user-friendly features, such as allowing you to do a partial transfer of selected files whereas with Bluehost you’ll have to transfer your entire website.
- Bluehost plans come in at $3.95 but there are other, more expensive options to consider if you want to scale up your website.
What’s the difference between DreamHost and Bluehost?
While both were established in 1996, DreamHost offers a range of services, such as cloud storage, while Bluehost concentrates solely on web hosting.
What does a web host actually do?
A web host offers websites space on its server. It also helps to manage your website for you, such as when it comes to its security features and performance.
You can ensure that you host your WordPress website in the best way for your budget by choosing a budget host.
While there are important things to bear in mind so that you don’t end up with a dud deal, this article shows you that there are valuable budget hosts to consider, such as GoDaddy and SiteGround.